Life is challenging and often the difficulties we experience can overwhelm us. Psychologically Minded assists clients to see how their thoughts, feelings, and actions relate to their experiences and how they can use that information and strategies to cope better with life's challenges.
Psychologically Minded provides assistance for:
* Anxiety disorders - generalised and social anxiety, phobias, panic attacks, trauma and PTSD.
* Depression, post-natal depression and bipolar disorder.
* Health related problems - chronic illness management, pain management, physical and psychological injury and rehabilitation, and sleep disorders.
* Life transition and adjustment difficulties - grief and loss, marriage, separation and divorce, pregnancy, becoming a parent and stepfamilies.
* Personal issues - adoption, anger management, self esteem, assertiveness, goal setting, and problem solving.
* Relationship issues - fertility, pregnancy, conflict, parenting, breakdown, and enhancement.
* Work related issues - work stress and burnout, conflict resolution, bullying, human resource management, performance management, coaching, training and workshops, return to work after injury, career transitions, and transition to retirement.
Focused psychological strategies used include:
* Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
* Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
* Brief Solution Focused Therapy
* Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
* Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy
* Schema Focused Therapy
* Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing(EMDR)
* Skills training, including emotion regulation, stress management, effective communication, social skills and parenting.
Psychologically Minded provides support to:
* children (5-12 years)
Psychologically Minded adheres to the professional and ethics codes of the Psychology Board of Australia and the Australian Psychological Society.